Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The card project was difficult in the sense that it forced me to learn 2 programs which i had a weak grasp on before. Photoshop and indeisgn. While indesign turned out to be a lot like quark it was less user friendly and forced me to do things i would not normally have done.

For instance, doing borders on boxes was something that is easy on quark and i didn't figure out on indesign. I had to actually build those boxes using the line tool, something which was very time consuming.

Another thing i wish i had known beforehand was how to mimic the colors in each program using the cymk color numbers. as it is all the cards are slightly different shades and colors.

I found quark to be the easiest and now i can use both photoshop and indesign much better then before. photoshop was highly aggravating as it required me to deal with those freaking layers which i hate. I just wanted to click on something and be able to move it but it wouldn't allow me to do that.

To find an appropriate new yorker font i searched online but all the really good mimics cost oodles of cash so i was stuck with a second rate version which i used but does not look quite like the original. Oh well you cant have everything.

No comments: