Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I think this project is my pride and joy though it caused me a lot of grief and aggravation. I remember trying numerous programs hoping to recreate my original design which includes angular stripes. I wasn't able to accomplish that and moved on to my second design which was a skull behind horizontal stripes and that failed as well. finally i settles on this design for which i took this picture of legs with striped sock and placed it in the background.

The band has a thing for stripes and i wanted to stay faithful to their image. i places the black on the left and right to attempt to frame the legs for emphasis against the white.

The actual lettering was simple once i found the right font to give the words some life. using the red was just a good choice as it emphasized the words and allowed the readers eye to move appropriately down the page. That along with the slow shrinking of the lettering.

I also like the irony of the bands name over such an absurd photo as this girls legs which are anything but subtle.

No comments: